Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Fee free? Me?

This snippet from http://amateurcatholic.blogspot.com/ got me thinking.

On the off-chance someone, somewhere decides I ought come in and speak (Suggested topic: Christian Analogies: 3 Hours Filled With "The ____ of God Is Sorta Like A...") I have decided my fee will be on a sliding scale, with a Rosary for my intentions and another for the intentions of the Pope at one end and a Rosary for my intentions, another for the intentions of the Pope, a third for an increase in vocations and a pint of really good beer at the other end.

Should the invitation come from the Holy Father himself, I may raise the latter part of the fee to a full liter of really good beer. Maybe some sort of indulgence in the Get Out Of Purgatory Free card format would be good too. I'll have to think about that one.

I think this is fair.

-J.