Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

OK. Show of hands.

Y'ever have a great, dear friend and one day you say something off-the-cuff...only to find out a-a-a-a-a-a-ages later that what you said and thought to be of no consequence deeply hurt your friend?

Do you remember how that felt?

This is what it likes when God reveals to you a sin, of which you never thought you were in the grip, is something you've been nuzzling with all lovey-dovey.

While we may feel bad at the stuff we did willingly even though we knew/know better, there is nothing worse than finally getting a clear look in the mirror at a part of your soul you (foolish mortal!) thought was A-OK.

I'm dealing with this now. I know that I have to be on guard against sin X, Y and Z...those being particular weak spots for me. To realize I needed to add Sin Q to that list has floored me. In my case, Sin Q is Pride. 48 hours ago, I had no clue. I thought I was pride-free. But sin (and he who directs sin among those of us who traipse around this world) is cleverer than that. Certainly cleverer than I am on my own. My own mind was lulled into a false sense of security regarding this and as such, I have tripped.

How and when I get up is God's will and it will be by His providence, grace and mercy alone. I praise Him for correcting me instead of allowing me to persist in my error. He does so out of love for me, even if it proves a painful correction. "This hurts me more than it hurts you."

So here I am, humbled and humiliated within the confines of my own mind and spirit. CLEARLY reminded I am so completely and utterly dependent on Him. Ashamed of my sin and aghast at my naivete as it relates to my own sinfulness. Desirous as never before to get "right" with God once again and grateful I have been shown what else I need be vigilant of.

While I am grateful for your prayers of intercession, I also specifically ask for your prayers of praise to Our Lord, that He has given me, out of His ceaseless love and infinite mercy, this opportunity to avail myself of His sanctifying grace and loving correction. Know you are all in my prayers.

AMDG,

-J.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, October 05, 2006 , Blogger Veritas said...

    Been there... actually... AM THERE!

    With all the "things" going through my head at this particular time (which are known to you), the soul examines itself and discovers new stains, albeit minor ones, it has somehow missed during the examination of conscience. These are wonderful opportunities to reaffirm our trust in Jesus and begin again!

    Praised be Jesus Christ!
    Now and Forever!

    +IHS+

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home