Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Saying what needs to be said.

Being the assiduous reader of this blog that you are, you know I'm all about the Ignatian thing. However, because I'm even more about the Universal Church thing, I believe in giving brilliance equal time.

Today's outburst of brilliance comes from Fr. Philip Powell, OP a man who is, frankly, My Current Favorite Living Dominican. That's his blog at the very top of my links. It is my considered opinion Fr. P's been used rather frequently by the Holy Spirit to proclaim things and his blog is an unalloyed, inexpressible blessing and joy.

Today I share with you Father's posts on vocations (Veritas, this is God talking to YOU, so pay attention) and I'd like to expand this to include not only the priesthood, but also the religious life to which God also calls men and women. (I know Fr. P's not slighting them either)

Check what it looks like when the Holy Spirit uses Fr. Powell to address us:
http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2006/11/thoughts-about-vocations.html
http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2006/11/exhortation-on-vocations-or-no-time.html
http://hancaquam.blogspot.com/2006/11/why-so-riled-up-father.html

AMDG,

-J.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, November 08, 2006 , Blogger Veritas said...

    What a blessing this Dominican is to our Church! Remember when we were speaking of our Carmelite, Jesuit, and Franciscan connection, and you mentioned all we needed was a Dominican? Well, I think we've got our man!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home