Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

"What have you learned, Dorothy?"

One thing I have been reminded by the elections is those of us along the Judeo-Christian spectrum oughtn't place our hopes any lower than in the Lord who made us. We often think this world could be massaged into the Paradise Lost with the right sort of policies.

Well, guess what?

This doesn't mean we should stop teaching, and thinking, and striving to bring God's justice to the unborn, to those oppressed by structures where there is no economic freedom, to those suffering under hatred end persecution. It means we shouldn't assume we can transform all this on our own, thereby supplanting God and his plan.

Our job is to have faith in His plan and do what He has asked of each of us. He will provide the results. In oder to hear "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!" we need to have actually done (and well) what He has asked.

AMDG,

-J.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, November 14, 2006 , Blogger Ryan Duns, SJ said...

    Joe,

    I am curious to know if you have had any offensive comments left on your blog over the last few days. A few have appeared on my site and they seem to all reference you. It's probably because you're the most frequent comment-leaver I have on my site! Let me know if you've had any strange posts - I will try to track down the culprit.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, November 14, 2006 , Blogger Joe said...

    Those aren't the sort of offensive comments I get. I mostly get offensive comments involving those kinds of prescriptions or ostensibly enthusiastic cheerleaders.

    I'm strangely honored to be the subject of such comments.

    AMDG,

    -J.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home