Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Lord, you know I'm trying.

Yesterday, Fr. Robert Drinan, SJ died. I guesstimate that by lunchtime, the whole Catholic section of the blogosphere will be abuzz.

I cannot say I agreed a whole lot w. Fr. Drinan on a lot of (most?) things, nor do I consider it remotely likely he would have found my views...er...congenial. But I am trying -- and it's rough, people -- to pray for him.

So here 'tis:

Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna, in die illa tremenda, quando coeli movendi sunt et terra. Dum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem. Tremens factus sum ego et timeo, dum discussio venerit atque ventura ira. Dies irae, dies illa, calamitatis et miseriæ, dies magna et amara valde. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine: et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

AMDG,

-J.

P.S. Matthew 5:44
P.P.S Don't email to remind me to enable comments, I'm leaving them shut on purpose.