Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Why we fight.

If you wonder why I teach CCD (and, more importantly, what I teach and why I teach it) read this:

If you're Catholic and wired properly, your heart will ache over all those other kids growing up in the spiritual ghetto of the 1970s and 1980s who were led off the reservation and, unlike Mary Martha, they never managed to find their way back.

This is why I have a rough time* sitting still for that bongos-tambourine-kumbaya stuff.

AMDG,

-J.

P.S. If you're one of my CCD students (or an alumnus) now you realize why, although you may not know jack about slapping felt appliqu├ęs on burlap, you do know the difference between the Church Militant and the Church Triumphant**.

* Memo to God: Lord, you know I'm trying.
** The correct answer is NOT "a whole bunch of new and better bishops" tempting as that might sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home