Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Overheard during CCD

I have a friend who teaches CCD at another parish. She and her husband have a teenage daughter (and a soon-to-be teenage son) . On the nights her parish has CCD classes, they also offer a Bible Study thing for the "CCD Parents" so they don't have to drive back and forth, etc.

She relates the following comment she heard during a post Bible Study chat between two parents:

"I figure the reason Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac when he was a boy and not when he was a teen, is because once they hit 15, it really doesn't feel like a sacrifice."

-J.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, March 02, 2007 , Blogger Veritas said...

    True that.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, March 02, 2007 , Blogger Ryan Duns, SJ said...

    Hi Joe,

    I thought I'd pass this along to you: http://jesuitwatch.blogspot.com/index.html

    This blogger tries (deftly?) to let everyone know that I am dumb concerning my post on Regina Brett. It's archived under February 15th. I thought you might find it amusing!

    Cheers and Prayers!

    Ryan

     
  • At 4:58 PM, March 02, 2007 , Blogger Joe said...

    R.,

    I'd proffer my views on that blog/blogger but this Lent I am making an especially earnest effort to not even appear uncharitable towards anyone, or anyone's motives or anyone's intellectual capacity.

    I can't guarantee the levee will hold past Pentecost, though.

    In fact, Satan is cackling himself hoarse at all the things I'd like to post in response, but have chose to abjure, leaving me in torments.

    Fortunately, this entire matter goes a long way towards disproving Darwinism, which is a great benefit to the faithful.

    -J.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home