Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Today

Happy feast day to me,
Happy feast day to me,
Happy Feast of St. Joseph,
Happy feast day to me!

Of course, that's not how it goes.

But, I feel a special rapport with St. Joseph. After all, he was a "dad" and I'm a dad. We share a name (along with the Holy Father, so we're a snappy club of all-around good guys). He was known as a carpenter and...um...did I mention the name thing?

Seeing as how St. Joseph is my "name saint" and seeing as how St. Joseph is a very well-connected sort of intercessor, I am reminded by the very estimable Veritas* that if something is (duh!) God's will, and we prayerfully ask for his (St. Joseph's, not Veritas'...at least not yet)intercession on its behalf, he will grant us.

Anyway, as I have mentioned previously, we have a son who has been diagnosed with autism. Through the very powerful effects of prayer from ma-a-a-a-a-any, we have been very blessed to find doctors, teachers, therapists, treatments, etc. that have enabled our son to make remarkable progress. But there are still many "miles to go before I sleep."

So.

I'm asking you to keep our 8 year old, Davy, in your prayers** and in particular, join in praying for St. Joseph's intercession:

O God,
Who in Thine ineffable providence didst choose
Blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy most Holy Mother,
grant that as we venerate him as our protector on earth,
we may deserve to have him as our intercessor in Heaven,
[I think this is where the intention/request goes]
Thou Who livest and reignest forever and ever.

Amen.

AMDG,

-J.

* Who timidly started a blog and three or four entries into it is writing as if he had been doing so all these years.

** I'll come back with some really hardcore prayer requests as we try out a very important treatment up in Chicago later this summer. Think of this as a warmup.