Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

The lovely and gracious Karen hath issued taggage unto me.

Here are my answers to this meme:

1. Male or Female: Male
2. Married or Single (or religious): Married
3. Dream vacation: This, or this, or possibly this.
4. Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
5. Area I live in currently: Miamuh, FL
6. Someone you wish you could meet: Fr. John Hardon, SJ
7. Biggest "pet-peeve": Things such as this.
8. Favorite Religious devotion: The Divine Mercy
9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother): St. Ignatius of Loyola
10. Favorite sport that you play: Golf.
11. Favorite food: Something cured and porcine.
12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo: It's all Latin to me.
13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school: Neither. A REAL Catholic school. (Yes, they exist.)
14. How many kids do you have: 2, unless you know something ahead of time.
15. Ever been in an auto accident: Yes.
16. Ever seen a pope in person: Not yet.
17. Languages that you know fluently: English, Spanish, Italian.
18. Last movie you saw in theatres: Meet The Robinsons.
19. Next one you are planning on seeing: I have kids. Something animated.
20. Favorite Blog: This one. (Even though it's pretty much a quarterly.)
21. Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Claus: Isn't this how they explain the Trinity at the shindig down in Anaheim?

I hereby tag Veritas.

-J.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, May 14, 2007 , Blogger Karen said...

    I hate to break it to you, but Fr. Hardon is no longer with us. You have to choose a living orthodox Jesuit, like I did. Otherwise, your answer has to be St. Ignatius.

    Not that I have control issues.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, May 14, 2007 , Blogger Joe said...

    Why do I have to choose from among those?

    I want to meet Fr. Hardon because that'd mean that I wound up in the right place after all and because there are some things he wrote I'd like further amplified.

    But IF I had to limit my choices to living orthodox Jesuits, I'd pick Fr. Carola. Any Jesuit who, on top of being as orthodox as one can get, and walks around publicly in a cassock and somehow gets away with it, well, I'd like to shake his hand.

    And get him to bless that St. Ignatius rosary.

    -J.

    -J.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, May 16, 2007 , Blogger Karen said...

    Send that St. Ignatius rosary to me before May 29th and I can accomplish that. (How hard can it be to find a Jesuit in a cassock in Rome?)

    Oh, by the way, looks like I'm going to Rome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home