Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Two-edged swords.

Don't ask how I found this, but I did.

If you do some quick math, you'll notice that in 1998*, 45% (yes, f-o-r-t-y-f-i-v-e) of the population was Protestant or "Not Affiliated." Only three years earlier, it had been 37%. It seems that whole "preferential option for the poor" thing also provides the poor with preferential options of their own which, evidently, they are choosing.

The question is "Why?" and the answer is NOT "Because we need to do more of the same."

Let me know what you figure out.

-J.

* I wonder what it is now. My guess is that it's not good news for what's left of the Catholic Church in Guatemala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home