Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Housekeepin'

1- I have been swamped with stuff.

2- I have been blessed with a HUGE number of CCD students this year. By the time registration closes, I'll probably have 30-32. For you new readers, I am nowhere near being a "real" teacher. (I'm really more of a smart@$$ with a Catechism and a bushel of analogies.)

3- I'll be wrapping up my protracted translation of Sacramentum Caritatis soon.

4- My wife's sonogram came back just fine. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

5- Forgiveness. I have to work on forgiving myself after God does, because when I don't I end up doing the same stupid $#!+ that got me to the Confessional last time.

6- I gotta go to Confession again. Among other things -- above and beyond needing to access Divine forgiveness again -- I am trying to get up to speed with going weekly. About two years ago I started going monthly, itself a huge leap from going yearly which was a vast improvement from not going between Confirmation and Matrimony. (A 16 year gap, for those scoring at home.)

7- Secret encoded message to Karen: "West Berlin has, through diplomatic channels, said it wants the airlift to proceed as planned."

Thus endeth the post.

-J.