Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The book meme

The lovely and gracious Karen hath issued, again, much taggage unto me.

This is what I remember of the meme of which she speaks:

Get the closest book, go to page 123, copy the 5th-8th sentences and paste them her and then tag some other innocent people.

So, page 123 of Much Obliged, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse:
I won't say she was the last person I wanted to see, Spode of course heading the list of starters with L. P. Runkle in close attendance, but I would willingly have dispensed with her company. However, I rose courteously, and I don't think there was anything in my manner to suggest that I would have liked to hit her with a brick, for I am pretty inscrutable at all times. Nevertheless, behind my calm front there lurked the uneasiness which always grips me when we meet. Holding the mistaken view that I am hopelessly in love with her and more or less pining away into a decline, this Bassett never fails to look at me, when our paths cross, with a sort of tender pity, and she was letting me have it now.
I tag Veritas, DIH, Penni, Mark & Ryan.

-J.