Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Helping you clearly understand the blatantly obvious

The lovely and gracious Karen has noted with some alarm the joyful noise made unto a pro-abortion candidate for President (who has been a U.S. Senator for exactly three years and a month) by some assorted Jesuits and/or affiliates, without much in the way of an explanation regarding where the Senator stands well afield of Catholic teaching. A few examples of this can be found here and here and, most recently, here. I must confess my concern that we'll see more such highlights as time wears on. We can only hope that correction from above will ensue.

It bears noting that Sen. Obama, y'know, doesn't exactly call attention to his (abysmal and untenable and indefensible and, truth be told, intellectually vacant) views, positions and voting record and those in his thrall make no effort to discern same. Quite the opposite, he "says nothing better than anyone." Alas, I'm not sure the information would matter to his claque if they had it, although in all charity -- sadly, NOT my default personality trait -- I must afford them some hope as re. being open to reason.

Thinking back of my halcyon Wilderness Years, I remembered a song that, frankly, encapsulates the I-don't-know-how-to-quit-you sentiment that has threatened me with acute glycemic shock and nausea of late.

You're welcome,

-J.

P.S. The lyrics are so dead-on that it's eerie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home