Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Friday, March 07, 2008

I put my money where my keyboard is

The lovely and gracious Karen recently wrote about the Cukierski Family Apostolate and asked everyone to contribute to their survival, by prayer and/or by financial contribution. Today she received this news from them in her e-mail:


As of this morning, we have received $5250. We need to raise at least $6,000 by the end of the day. We are so close!!!Everyone will receive a little something for their kindness. If you haven't done so, would you pray about heading on over to: http://www.cukierski.net/triumph-over-evil.shtml.

I hope you will spread this news to anyone who might contribute to them by the end of the day. As she's stated before, Karen is a big fan of this apostolate. So, not being content to let others do my share of the lifting for me, I popped on over there and gave of my bit. (If certain projects EVENTUALLY come through as expected, you know I'll be contributing a lot more!)

What moved me to blog this is that I received a wonderful little e-note from Wendy, unrelated to whatever amount I donated. I figured the very least I could do is cast wide(r) the request.

YOU CAN DONATE USING PAYPAL. Just go to http://www.cukierski.net/triumph-over-evil.shtml and follow the links. (You can donate as much or as little as your circumstances allow.) Then, when you're done with THAT, go order something.

I also extend my thanks to everyone who has already ponied up. Karen will keep us posted on these fundraising efforts. natch, all prayers for their survival would be greatly appreciated by the Cukierski family.

Go do the right thing. Now.

-J.