Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

From deep within my pile of stuff to post

This is a cheery little bit of Jesuit humor.

A newly installed bishop decides to have a retreat with all the priests operating in his diocese. He calls them all together and after a whole Saturday of discussion and prayer they decide to end with an hour of adoration in the diocesan center's auditorium. Upon seeing the monstrance, a Jesuit, the president of XYZ University, strides up, prostates himself and says "O Jesus in the Holy Eucharist! Before thee, I am nothing!" Shortly therafter, the Jesuit provincial strides up, prostates himself and says "My Lord and my God! Before thee, I am nothing!"

Moved by this, a humble young diocesan seminarian walks up to the monstrance, prostates himself and says "O Savior of mankind! Before thee, I am nothing!"

And the Provincial looks at the University president, rolls his eyes and whispers "Look who thinks he's nothing."

AMDG,

-J.