Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open meme...

In lieu of actual bloggery, here you are.

Here's how it works

a) Things you've already done: bold
b) Things you want to do: italicize
c) Things you haven't done and don't want to: underline
d) Things you just haven't done and feel neutral about: plain font

1. Started your own blog.
You tell me.

2. Slept under the stars. Once. I'm still in therapy.

3. Played in a band. I almost bolded this, but it never materialized. All those guitar lessons down the drain.

4. Visited Hawaii. To look at DIFFERENT palm trees?

5. Watched a meteor shower. Yawn.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Probably.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.
More than I can recall for WDW, 5x for DL.

8. Climbed a mountain. No, thanks. (I know Scripture tells us to flee for the mountaintops, but I haven't quite gotten the "flee!" command yet.)

9. Held a praying mantis. Um, why?

10. Sang a solo (in the shower).

11. Bungee jumped. No @#$&ing way thank you. That sounds like a test-run for suicidals.

12. Visited Paris. France, meh.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Nah.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Does hardcore chef-like cooking count?

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning. Once. BAD.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables. I usually manage to grow one of whatever I plant then the bloody plant dies.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. France. Meh.

20. Slept on an overnight train. Why did God create airplanes?

21. Had a pillow fight. I may have had a thought or two in that direction but, in my defense, I was young and foolish.

22. Hitch hiked. I once accepted a ride from a stranger, but I had run out of gas AND it was raining buckets.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Eons ago.

24. Built a snow fort. I was a snow ninja; we traveled light.

25. Held a lamb. Only by the rack, chops or leg.

26. Gone skinny dipping. Once, I believe.

27. Run a Marathon. I've never been chased that far on foot.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. That's for tourists.

29. Seen a total eclipse. Once. Meh.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Mostly the latter.

31. Hit a home run.

32. Been on a cruise. Once. Not as good as "OK" but better than "meh."

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Once. Meh.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Spain and Italy.

35. Seen an Amish community. No, but I've seen 'em at the Reading Street market in Philly.

36. Taught yourself a new language. Italian. Not spectacularly, but yeah.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

39. Gone rock climbing. Not even indoors.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.

41. Sung karaoke. Not with any sobriety .

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Why?

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. Done the "sent a bottle of wine over" thing, though.

44. Visited Africa. Not sure if I really want to do this.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. It was Spring Break and I was returning to my car. So, yeah, technically.

46. Been transported in an ambulance. Fingers crossed.

47. Had your portrait painted. As a child. I am shuddering at the whole concept.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. WHAT IS THIS OBSESSION WITH PARIS? I mean, really...

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeling. Meh.

52. Kissed in the rain. It may have been raining, I don't check the Weather Channel.

53. Played in the mud. Um...no.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. I used to love that when I was a kid. Then naked people started cropping up on screen and my parents immediately desisted.

55. Been in a movie. I even directed it.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business. I know. Shocking, innit?

58. Taken a martial arts class. Ditto!

59. Visited Russia.

60. Served at a soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. They don't let boys.

62. Gone whale watching. I'm not good with "nature."

63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Um, no.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. Just the blood.

65. Gone sky diving. @#$% NO.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. I did the the U.S. Holocaust Museum. That was pretty much as much as I could manage.

67. Bounced a check. In college.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Not for lack of trying.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar. And now I'm hungry for blini.

72. Pieced a quilt. Um, no.

73. Stood in Times Square. Only because I was lost.

74. Toured the Everglades. Involuntarily.

75. Been fired from a job. Quit but never fired.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. I like London, but this isn't on my list of things to do.

77. Broken a bone. My arm.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. We weren't going THAT fast, but yeah.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Nature. Meh.

80. Published a book. I've been published IN a book or two, and a few periodicals, but I've never published one MYSELF.

81. Visited the Vatican. Next time on a pilgrimage.

82. Bought a brand new car. Harrowing.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible. Yes. Not in any sequential way, though.

86. Visited the White House. Back when you could.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Do fish count? Because I've done fish.

88. Had chickenpox. When I was 29. Oy.

89. Saved someone’s life. I've jumped fully dressed into a swimming pool after my youngest when no one else was around.

90. Sat on a jury. Almost

91. Met someone famous. Yes. Mostly they were nice, except for Sam Waterston who was utterly, inexpressively odious.

92. Joined a book club. No, thank you.

93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby. (Not directly.)

95. Seen the Alamo in person. Meh.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. Why?

97. Been involved in a law suit. Usually when a company files Ch. 11 and I have to get my money from those giftcards that are now useless.

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, December 17, 2008 , Blogger Shan said...

    1. Started your own blog. Many moons ago...
    2. Slept under the stars.
    3. Played in a band.
    4. Visited Hawaii.
    5. Watched a meteor shower.
    6. Given more than you can afford to charity. I did so accidentally and realised with time to correct the error. Did I do so? Hmm...
    7. Been to Disneyland/world. Yes for the ones in Anaheim and Paris.
    8. Climbed a mountain.
    9. Held a praying mantis. Delicious.
    10. Sang a solo.
    11. Bungee jumped.
    12. Visited Paris. I would be arrogant too if I were a Parisien.
    13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
    14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
    15. Adopted a child.
    16. Had food poisoning. As I said then, "thank you for bringing that up."
    17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
    18. Grown your own vegetables. They weren't very nice.
    19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. She's tiny!
    20. Slept on an overnight train. From Italy to France to Portugal to Spain and return.
    21. Had a pillow fight. Not lately.
    22. Hitch hiked. Does it count if the cops give you a lift or if you order a pizza delivered and go with the pizza dude?
    23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Hello high school!
    24. Built a snow fort.
    25. Held a lamb.
    26. Gone skinny dipping.
    27. Run a Marathon. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. *Sigh* Yes - with a couple when he proposed to her. And I was single and all alone... So sad..
    29. Seen a total eclipse.
    30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
    31. Hit a home run.
    32. Been on a cruise.
    33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
    34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Erin go bragh!
    35. Seen an Amish community.
    36. Taught yourself a new language.
    37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
    38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
    39. Gone rock climbing.
    40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
    41. Sung karaoke.
    42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
    43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
    44. Visited Africa.
    45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
    46. Been transported in an ambulance. Can you say “World Youth Day Sydney”? Can you also say “Ambulance reserved for His Holiness the Pope”?
    47. Had your portrait painted..
    48. Gone deep sea fishing.
    49. Seen the Sistine Chapel. Three times a lady!
    50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
    51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeling.
    52. Kissed in the rain.
    53. Played in the mud.
    54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
    55. Been in a movie. Nope. Film clip though!
    56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
    57. Started a business.
    58. Taken a martial arts class.
    59. Visited Russia.
    60. Served at a soup kitchen.
    61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
    62. Gone whale watching. Accidentally.
    63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
    64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
    65. Gone sky diving.
    66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
    67. Bounced a check.
    68. Flown in a helicopter.
    69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
    70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
    71. Eaten Caviar.
    72. Pieced a quilt. I don’t know what that means.
    73. Stood in Times Square.
    74. Toured the Everglades.
    75. Been fired from a job.
    76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
    77. Broken a bone.
    78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
    79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
    80. Published a book. I have published a magazine, though.
    81. Visited the Vatican.
    82. Bought a brand new car.
    83. Walked in Jerusalem.
    84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
    85. Read the entire Bible.
    86. Visited the White House.
    87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
    88. Had chickenpox.
    89. Saved someone’s life.
    90. Sat on a jury.
    91. Met someone famous. Yep.
    92. Joined a book club. Does Oprah’s count?
    93. Lost a loved one.
    94. Had a baby.
    95. Seen the Alamo in person.
    96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
    97. Been involved in a law suit. Um… I have had someone threaten me with a law suit. Does that count?
    98. Owned a cell phone. Several.
    99. Been stung by a bee.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home