Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Regularly scheduled prayer request

(Yes, this. Still.)

1- I am inexpressively grateful for all the prayers and Masses on my behalf. You are all in my prayers.

2- As you may know, the current economic mess pretty much has me straight in the crosshairs. I'm at Ground Zero, if you will.

(The upside is that my prayer life is a LOT stronger, and I pray that my heart will be as filled and eager to come to God in praise and thanksgiving as it is to come to Him filled with petition and supplication.)

Unfortunately my business has developed, over the last few years, a greater and greater exposure to commercial real estate in southwest Florida. We have three major projects out there and if only one (JUST ONE!) of those were to come through we should be able to get through this year. I'm not looking for untold wealth, I just want to be able to meet my obligations and pay my bills and feed my family, pay for all the schooling and care my kids need (especially my youngest with autism) and take care of my dad with Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

Things are not dire, yet. But it's getting closer.

There are, praise God, some opportunities for us to get out from the very severe financial stress we are facing. Tomorrow I have an appointment that, if it all goes as hoped, would go a long way to allowing us to weather the next year or two. Not wallowing in luxury, of course, but we would be able to meet all our obligations and make everyone whole.

3- So.

I am asking, as humbly as I can, for your prayers that we may be delivered from the severe financial stress under which we find ourselves. If you can manage to get "scrunchy-faced" that would be appreciated, and some pious perspiration might not be out of place. If any of the priests on this list would say a Mass for these intentions, that -- as the highest form of prayer we have -- would be even better.

4- I am confidently placing these matters in the hands of Our Lord, through the intercession of Our Lady, His mother, Mary. Pray I may receive His guidance on how to proceed and His providence in doing so.

I will never -- at least not this side of Heaven -- be able to adequately express my gratitude to all of you for what you have done and are doing on my/our behalf. Please know said gratitude, however imperfectly expressed, is thorough and complete. Your prayerful kindness will not go unremembered.

Confidently in Christ, through Mary,

-J.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home