Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prayers needed for my dad.

Just wanted to bring you up to speed on something and, ask for your prayers. On Sunday, my dad fell out of bed in his sleep and fractured his humerus. He walked into Doctor's Hospital's ER, after 11 hours (!) there he was admitted; surgery was considered and subsequently ruled out.

Since he suffers from both Parkinson's and Alzheimer's the fall, fracture and subsequent hospitalization has seen an exceedingly sharp decline in his condition. He is completely incoherent, disoriented and agitated and not recovering from that state. What seemed like a moderate medical annoyance has now become a potentially grave health crisis.

Tonight my mom, sister and I had to have The Extraordinary Measures Talk. It was saddening and surreal to select from a "menu" of possible actions. "Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No."

Yes, this is pretty bloody awful.

AMDG,

-J.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, January 25, 2010 , Blogger The Monck said...

    You have our prayers.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, February 16, 2010 , Blogger Susan Higgins said...

    Sorry to read the news about your dad... my mom has Parkinsons and Alzheimer's too. It is a crazy ride. She's doing great lately on natural remedies and treatments.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, February 18, 2010 , Blogger OBdaDA said...

    PraYeRs tO/foR yoUR FaMiLy..
    ThiS tOO shaLL PaSS aNd eVeN though NoW iT seeMs liKe 'forever'
    wheN iT iS oVeR iT wiLL bE fiNaL aNd thinGs wiLL returN tO NorMaL eVery daY HuM-druM daiLy liFe foR eVeryoNe lefT behiNd..

     
  • At 5:27 PM, February 24, 2010 , Blogger Ritika Dhingra said...

    i know how that feels... My mum is suffering from brain tumor.and there is no way i can save her...Anyways I'd say my honest prayers are with you...I am sure he is a very proud father.. and he will be fine ...very soon:) take care

     
  • At 3:03 AM, February 27, 2010 , Blogger powell said...

    Hi I will pray. God uses trials and all for a reason.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, March 20, 2010 , Blogger El Gato Limon said...

    I prayed for your dad.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, March 25, 2010 , Blogger basefare said...

    It is sad time I know. May the light be with you, your dad, and your family.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, May 09, 2010 , Blogger joven said...

    hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:50 AM, May 17, 2010 , Blogger Rebecca Hunter said...

    Many prayers at this worrying time for you, your dad and your family.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, May 21, 2010 , Blogger angelbarroso said...

    Dear blogger,

    I don't know what brought me to this blog today. After reading your entry about your Dad, it hit me. What if that happens to me, what if my best friend and supporter (my dad) was in a coma, what if... I don't want to think about it, loosing my father is not something I want to think about. So I did what I haven't done in a while. I called my dad and told him Thank you for everything he has done for me. I also decided to take a break and go fishing with my dad tomorrow. So I wanted to thank you and wish your dad a speedy recovery. I will be praying for your dad. Thanks again. Angel

     
  • At 3:58 PM, September 12, 2010 , Blogger Adeles Gauthier said...

    Having just gone through a terrible time of sickness in my family, my heart goes out to you. From someone who prays regularly...I am praying for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home