Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Essential thinking for reading Catholics.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

54 Day Rosary Novena - Luminous Mysteries (Petition)

The Rosary Novena to Our Lady
The Sign of the Cross + In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Hail Mary

Petition Prayer
Hail Queen of the Most Holy Rosary my Mother Mary, Hail!  At thy feet I humbly kneel to offer thee a Crown of Roses -- bright yellow roses to remind thee of the ministry of thy son -- each rose recalling to thee a holy mystery; each ten bound together with my petition for a particular grace.

O Holy Queen dispenser of God's graces and Mother of all who invoke thee! Thou canst not look upon my gift and fail to see its binding.  As thou receivest my gift, so wilt thou receive my petition; from thy bounty thou wilt give me the favor I so earnestly and trustingly seek.

I despair of nothing that I ask of thee.  Show thyself my Mother!
 
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (3)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer - O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy.

Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary

The First Luminous Mystery

The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River

O Courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River, when your son, as an example to all, insisted on being baptized by his cousin John and the sky opened and the Holy Spirit came down to him like a dove and a voice from heaven said, "You are my own dear Son in whom I am well pleased,"

I humbly pray:
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (10)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer 

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of
Openness to the Holy Spirit
and humbly lay this bouquet at thy feet.

The Second Luminous Mystery

The Wedding of Cana...The first Miracle of Jesus...
O Courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the First Miracle of Jesus at the Wedding Feast at Cana, when at your urging your son performed the first of his many miracles by helping a couple celebrate their marriage by changing water into wine of such quality that the chief steward upbraided the host by saying, "Usually people serve the best wine first and save the cheaper wine for last, but you have saved the choice wine for last,"

I humbly pray:
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (10)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer 

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of
To Jesus through Mary 
and humbly lay this bouquet at thy feet.

The Third Luminous Mystery

The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God

O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, when your son revealed that the reign of God has already begun "within us"  and we are called to conversion and forgiveness, praying "your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven,"

I humbly pray:
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (10)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer 

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of
Repentance and Trust in God
and humbly lay this bouquet at thy feet.

The Fourth Mystery of Light 

The Transfiguration
O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Transfiguration, when your son revealed his glory to his three disciples, appearing on a mountain with Moses and Elijah, his face shining  like the sun and a voice from heaven proclaiming, "This is my beloved Son...Listen to him",

I humbly pray:
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (10)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer 

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of
Desire for Holiness
and humbly lay this bouquet at thy feet.

The Fifth Mystery of Light

Institution of the Eucharist

O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Institution of the Sacrament of the Eucharist, when on the day before he died your son celebrated the Passover with his disciples and took bread and gave it to them saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." and when dinner was finished he took a cup of wine and shared it with them saying, "Take and drink; this is my blood, which will be given up for you; do this in memory of me,"

I humbly pray:
Apostle's Creed
Our Father
Hail Mary (10)
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer 

I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of
Adoration of the Eucharist
and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, really present in the most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, since I cannot now receive Thee under the sacramental veil, I beseech Thee, with a heart full of love and longing, to come spiritually into my soul through the Immaculate heart of Thy most Holy Mother, and abide with me forever; Thou in me, and I in Thee in time and in eternity, in Mary.

Prayer in Petition
Sweet Mother Mary, I offer thee this Spiritual Communion to bind my bouquets in a wreath to place upon they brow.  O my Mother! look with favor upon my gift, and in thy love obtain for me (specify request)

Hail, Mary

O God! Whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the reward of eternal life; grant, we beseech Thee, that, meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.  Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

May the divine assistance remain always with us.  Amen.
And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen
Holy Virgin, with the loving Child, thy blessing give to us this day (night).

Salve Regina
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To Thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, Thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Oh clement, Oh loving, Oh sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, Oh Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

MemorareRemember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.  Amen.

Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits, who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

The Sign of the Cross + In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
 (Kiss the Crucifix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home